Saturday, December 03, 2011

The best of me


I always love a good Nicholas Sparks book, particularly after I've read something dark and heavy. So I was really looking forward to digging into "The Best of Me". I hope I get this book for my Christmas.


THE BEST OF ME is the heart-rending story of two small-town former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks. Now middle-aged, they've taken wildly divergent paths, but neither has lived the life they imagined . . .  and neither can forget the passionate first love that forever altered their world. When they are both called back to their hometown for the funeral of the mentor who once gave them shelter, they will be forced to confront the choices each has made, and ask whether love can truly rewrite the past.


My Thoughts: Oh come on, you know you have a soft spot for Nicholas Sparks, just like me. I love Nicholas Sparks books. I tend to read them as soon as they come out! Novels are kind of my guilty pleasure… I know I’ll never come away from his novels with an enlightened or deepened view of the world, but I always know I’ll walk away from novels feeling the love from the characters.


Picture taken from: The Yellow Library 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Updates Via E-Mail